Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"Dreaming Night" and L.A. Power of Moms Retreat

I always come back from Power of Moms Retreats totally energized to take on the world and be an incredible mom.

But there's always a touch of "Post-Retreat Let-Down Syndrome" that sets in, and it takes me a few days to get back into the swing of things.  (One of my children was up six times the night I returned with a really bad headache, and then we found the hallway carpet covered with throw-up the next morning.)  Sorry, I know that's such a bad image, but I've got to think that every mom can relate to that!

The kindergarten pick-up is in 26 minutes, and I still haven't showered (since I joined the kids at the school's 100-mile club this morning and then recorded a special call with Richard and Linda Eyre--that will post next week--and put the finishing touches on our new Power of Moms Radio Show episode you can listen to right now), so I thought I'd just link you to two wonderful blog posts that have beautifully recapped the events of the past week:

Saren did an amazing review of our "Dreaming Night" from last Wednesday.  Visit Saren's blog to read the whole thing.  (And that radio show episode I linked to above was recorded by me, Saren, and Linda the morning after the event.  It'll give you a little glimpse of what we talked about there.)


And Emily Barton posted some wonderful pictures and lots of details about our L.A. Retreat on her blog, Emmy Mom.


That was SUCH a fantastic weekend, and I need to add my photos and a whole write-up as soon as I can.  Love these ladies and feel so privileged to be a part of this organization.

More later!

Love,
April

3 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry about the throw-up, that is never fun. And yes-- I think after these great recharging moments life seems to try and test us, are you really going to do those things you said? :)
    Thanks so much for all you do. Oh and I will email you about getting you any pictures you may want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all of these links, April! Now I can pretend I was there and soak it all in while folding laundry. :) (p.s. I hope everyone is feeling better there.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate all to well to that "Post (Insert Awesome Experience Here) Let-Down Syndrome"! I hope everyone is on the road to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts with Thumbnails