We're holding a Power of Moms Retreat January 28th, and we're still looking for just the right place. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!
What are Power of Moms Retreats?
Since June of 2010, The Power of Moms has held 10 Retreats around the country. This page on our website describes the Retreats in greater detail, but our main goal is to gather mothers to a beautiful location and give them an opportunity to strengthen each other, participate in meaningful discussions, and return home armed with ideas and inspiration to help them build great families.
A Day Retreat typically lasts from 9 am to 5 pm on a Saturday, and it includes conference-style presentations (with lots of audience participation), a lovely lunch with powerful discussion groups, and several break-out sessions for small group conversations.
We focus on topics such as taking care of the person inside the mom, establishing family systems, moving good ideas forward, and keeping a healthy perspective on motherhood. Each Retreat has been incredible. Not because we think we're incredible, but because the mothers who attend are deliberate, sharp, wonderful women who want to create strong families. Simply being in a room with so many good women who simply want to grow and learn from each other is powerful.
Here are the details on our location search:
- What are we looking for? While we are considering some beautiful hotels and event centers, we would love to find a large home that can seat between 60 and 90 mothers. (We won't be bringing our children, so it will stay very clean!) By holding the Retreat in a home, we are able to keep the costs down and enable more mothers to attend. We are also able to provide more discounted rates for mothers who really want to attend but might not be struggling financially. There is also something beautiful about being in a home atmosphere.
- Location: Southern California--within an hour of Disneyland (we won't be going to Disneyland, but that's the general area)
- Ideal amenities: Convenient parking, space for lunch discussion groups to be held outside, two restrooms, and the ability to bring in outside catering.
- Date and Time: The main Retreat will be Saturday, January 28th from 9 am to 5 pm, but we'll need to set up the night before, and then we'll stay to clean up, so it will probably be more like 8 am to 7 pm. Also, we are planning to do a Friday "Mind Organization for Moms" session during the daytime (either from 9-12 or 1-4), but we can hold that at a separate, smaller location, if needed.
- What will The Power of Moms provide? Chair rental (if needed), a catered lunch to be brought in, cleaning costs after the Retreat, plus all the set-up, logistics, etc. Basically, if a homeowner is kind enough to co-sponsor this Retreat, we will take care of all the details and do our best to create as little disruption as possible.
If you can think of a location that would be right for this event, would you please email april (at) powerofmoms.com and let me know about it?
Thank you so much!