Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My New Love of Exercise

It hurts to move right now.

My hamstrings, abdominals, triceps, quads, and calves are incredibly sore.

But I am feeling so, so happy.

About a year ago, I started writing and talking about body image issues (and how I counted calories when I was nine):
I learned a LOT throughout that process, but making exercise a priority has still been a struggle.

Until now.  (Well, it's been 3 1/2 weeks . . . but I'm feeling very optimistic.)

My family and I went to visit our friends Corey and Mandy Berg at the end of July, and while I was there, Mandy and I recorded a podcast together.  You can listen to it here:


I've known Mandy for about 13 years, and she's one of those moms who loves exercise.  Every time I'm with her, I'm inspired.

This is us about seven years ago:


And here's our "reenactment" - with a few more children - taken this July:


As Mandy and I talked during that podcast, I decided it was finally time.  Exercise was going to become a priority to me--not just something I did "if the day worked out that way."

I'll share more ideas and suggestions that inspired me in the future, but I at least wanted to put this podcast out there and invite any of you who are feeling sluggish and discouraged (and like there's never enough time!) to hear what Mandy has to say.  I think you'll love it.

Love,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails