Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to wish all of my friends, family members, and visitors to this blog a beautiful Christmas!

In the midst of all the cookie-eating and gift-wrapping, we're trying to spend as much time as possible in meaningful activities that will help us to focus on the real reason for the celebrations.

Anyone else feel the tendency to become overwhelmed and frazzled?

One of my favorite ways to remember the purpose of Christmas is to listen to this recording we made of Spencer last year, when he was four.

He was asked to give a short talk to the children's group at church, and so I practiced it with him over and over again at home.  I would say one part, he would repeat. 

I decided to record our "practice session" and then delete my voice so all you can hear is Spencer.  It's just one minute long, and it is so darling.  This link below will play the mp3 in your browser:

Click here to listen to Spencer's Christmas Talk.

And if you haven't seen this lovely video by The Piano Guys, then you're in for a treat!



There are a lot of things to think about this season.  The recent tragedy in Connecticut has been a wake-up call for so many of us to focus harder on the time we have with our loved ones.  And as we contemplate the arrival of 2013, I think every one of us would like to make this the year when our goals pop into place and we feel the Hand of God leading us on a daily basis.

I love the Lord, and I know He lives.  I know He has the power to strengthen us, help us, and direct us.  And in the coming year, I want to do all I can to serve Him, help others to feel His love, and give Him my whole heart. He has an amazing power to make life beautiful.

Have a wonderful Christmas week!

Much love,
April

2 comments:

  1. That little Christmas talk by Spencer is the CUTEST thing ever!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping your Christmas week was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts with Thumbnails