Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Our New Family Cheer

Today was a double-nap day.  I accomplished very little, but after waking up at 6 a.m. with the kids and then crying on my husband's lap for 10 minutes because I felt so overwhelmed and exhausted, we both decided it was more important for me to get rested and back to normal.

Two naps, a 30-minute jog, and one shower later, I felt like a new woman, and the world doesn't seem like such a hard place anymore. Isn't it funny how some good sleep can transform things for you?

I'm going to start posting more photos from the Australian Retreats, but for starters, I had to share the darling Aussie cheer I learned.  They did it at both Retreats, but this video is from the Gold Coast, and the cheer was led by Naomi Ellis (sister-in-law to the Seven Cherubs Naomi Ellis):


Here's the text, copied from Wikipedia:
Man: "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!"
Crowd: "Oi! Oi! Oi!"
Man: "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!"
Crowd: "Oi! Oi! Oi!"
Man: "Aussie!"
Crowd: "Oi!"
Man: "Aussie!"
Crowd: "Oi!"
Man (faster): "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!"
Crowd (equally fast): "Oi! Oi! Oi!"

And now we're adapting the cheer to our family.  We say, "Perry, Perry, Perry!" and then "Oi! Oi! Oi!"

It's so fun!  (But the girls didn't want me to film them doing it or post it to my blog.  Not sure why . . ..)

More later!  Just wanted to share a little of the fun.



2 comments:

  1. That is just brilliant! Love it! Go Perry family, Oi! Oi! Oi! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those Aussies!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts with Thumbnails