Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Little Snapshots from Home

Things are moving WAY too fast around here.  Between unpacking from our trip, finishing the new edits for Mind Organization for Mom (which is so exciting I can hardly stand it), dishing out endless snacks and meals, coordinating housework, and changing diapers, there are lots of fun little moments I don't want to forget.

First, my two boys are finally playing together like I always imagined.  They roll cars, play "school," fight like crazy, run in the sprinklers, and dress up in their superhero jammies.  I love it.


Then my girls are working on a blog with Saren's children, and they're putting on a photo contest right now.  If your children want to submit silly photos, click here for more information.  I will totally deny that any of their silly photos are of me.  They can't prove anything.


And as long as we were having fun with googly eyes, Alia thought she would make some fruit and vegetable people.  Someday I am going to miss having children around to decorate my produce. 



I think the best part of my life right now is that I feel healthy--really healthy--for the first time in 10 years.  My six pregnancies were incredibly difficult (two didn't last very long...), and I had four surgeries last year to correct a health problem I've been suffering with since I was 19.   When I feel healthy, when I'm getting enough rest, and when I have a little time to pull things together, I feel like I'm on top of the world.

But my heart goes out to the millions of women out there who are sick, suffering, depressed, or frustrated with their lives.  That's why I'm doing everything I can to (1) enjoy the moments that are good--even when it's hard to notice them, and (2) reach out to strengthen the mothers of the world through The Power of Moms.  I feel things growing and growing and growing with this organization, and I appreciate this opportunity to do something helpful.  I just hope I can do a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails